Sunday, April 14, 2013

Emotions of a Mother

I certainly didn't mean to fall off the face of the earth with this blog, but I'm hoping now to perhaps try and stay caught up on it. :)
     Some few quick updates: Aaron is still loving what he does as a surgical technition at the hospital out here in ND and I got a part time job working at one of the local gas stations in the afternoons. :) Vivian is getting so big, and is a little sassy and super busy!!! Hard to believe she'll be 2 in 2 short months.  As for Logan and Trav, well, Trav is been real into learning lately, he'll do well with kindergarten in the fall. Logan is counting down the days til his birthday on the 23rd. He just can't hardly wait to turn four. :)

   Miss. Jenna is gearing up and preparing for some major dental work that is scheduled to be done this week, she will be having around 8 teeth pulled due to cavities and to crowding issues in her small little mouth. To be honest with you, I have cried many tears over her having to have this done, and I still worry it will be a huge adjustment for her and she'll feel bad about it. We've talked about it lots, and I tell her that her smile will look different for a while, maybe even a year, but she's got beautiful shiny grownup teeth that are waiting to come in and take place where the baby teeth were, and that she will have the best smile on the block when it's all done.

 I am going to talk to her teacher about it this week, to maybe help her classmates not tease her when she gets back. Kids can be mean, and I don't want her to ever feel bad about herself. So, fingers are crossed, and prayers have been said that it is a smooth transition. I feel and know in my heart that this is the right decision, but I really wish we didn't have to take this route. :( It's going to be harder on me, as the Mom, than it is on her I think. I know kids are resilient and recover quickly, so I just keep telling myself that the end goal of a nice straight smile is our prize, and this is the first step to getting there.
 
Picture taken when my parent's came to visit us, and we went and explored a national park about two hours away from us.
Jenna and Vivian

No comments: