Thursday, November 5, 2009

It's Like Christmas for Him


It's been crazy around these parts lately with the move and all. We have been living between two houses in two cities this past week, and it has been pretty nutty. I can safely say that by tomorrow this place will be empty and we'll be in the trailer for good.
I talked to Jenna's new teacher today, and the bus dept. at her new school. They are able to drop her off at our doorstep in the afternoon, and when they pick her up in the morning. For now. There won't be a problem in the afternoon, but in the morning they don't have anywhere to really turn around in the winter, so we'll probably be bringing her a mile down the road to meet the bus due to snow issues. But that has been something on my list of things to figure out all week and I'm glad to have that monkey off my back. I'm a little sad that she has to leave the school she goes to now though. She has made a few friends and loves her teachers. They told me today she gets everyone to interact together. That she's everyone's best friend. I wish I could take them with us to our new place, but since pre-school isn't mandatory the school of choice policy doesn't apply. All I can do is think that her new teachers have some big shoes to fill.

Aaron is gone to the hunting camp with the boys this weekend. He told me last night that it's like Christmas Eve for him. He can't wait to see what happens out at stand this weekend. His twin brother Brian was coming from Minnesota to join him, B.J. and Marcus for the weekend. How can you get crabby for him taking off and leaving when your trying to finish moving when he compares it to Christmas!? It took him forever to go to bed last night. I think he totalled off at four hours of sleep. We'll miss him, but the kids and I have fun plans to just stay home and hang out and take saunas. If anyone wants to come over for sauna let me know! I'll be at my number that we have now today ( Jennie- if you want to call I'll be here til evening. Otherwise, I'll try to call you as soon as our cell phone arrives in the mail.) for the better part of this afternoon.
Logan can pretty much sit up on his own. He will sit for two or three minutes before he falls over sideways or backwards. He looks like such a big boy when he does that! He has gotten better about being able to entertain himself too. Just give him a few toys to play with/chew on, and he's good for half an hour! I am really enjoying this six month old stage. Also, just give him a cracker or trenary toast to chomp on and that keeps him busy for a while too. VERY nice for when we're trying to pack/clean. Speaking of packing and cleaning, I should go do some more. Til next time, have a great weekend!

No comments: