Wednesday, August 4, 2010

National Night Out (picture heavy post)

I guess every year our local fire department hosts a community event for National Night Out.  This year I found out about it at work, and marked it on the calendar so we wouldn't forget.  I'm glad we went! The kids had a blast. They were able to get their blood pressure checked in an ambulance, ride in a fire truck and honk it's horn ( Jenna did it twice. :) ), and spray the water hose.  They also jumped in a bounce house twice. All this while wearing their little red plastic fire hats. I got lots of fun pictures, and am glad we went. I almost didn't, but it was worth it to see the smiles on the kids faces.
 The dad of this house has been gone for a week, and is coming home tomorrow. We can't wait! We sure have missed him!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Looks like fun for the kids! : )

Megan said...

It was fun for them. I'm glad we went. We were at Walmart shortly before, and they were SO crabby. Then the boys fell asleep in the car on the way there, so I was tempted to just skip it. They made some fun memories there, so good thing we went. And Travis ended up being on the nightly news from our being on the same truck ride as the news reporter. :)