Wednesday, September 28, 2011

September

Wow, is September really almost over? It's been a busy month! I thought that when school started, life would slow down a little. Nope. All it did was cool off. I'm already missing summer.
  A few things that happened this month: Vivian turned 3 months old. Today she rolled over from her front to her back for the first time. She's growing SO fast, and has really been filling out. She's turning into a little chunk. :)

Another thing: Travis turned 4! He was the most excited kid the day of his party. It was probably the most fun party we've had for him yet. He only wanted three things for his big day. A crab ( a live one, he was always having to go check them out at our local Walmart), a name towel, and Toy Story's Woody. He got them all. The crab from my mom, Woody from Aars and I, and the towel from his Grandma L. Was he pumped! He had the crab sleep in his room where he could see him and all the next day made sure it was by his side. It was fun. :) I hope he always remembers this birthday as one of the best. :)  Notice the little smear on the right of the cake- he and Logan decided they'd better sample the frosting a few hours before the party. I was mad then, but now I just sigh and shake my head. Boys I'm learning, will be boys.

Jenna is loving Kindergarten. It's a rough start in the morning, but once she gets going she's fired up to go. I didn't realize how much I missed her during the day til I kept her home one day. I miss her chatty little person talking at me all day. I sure hope her teacher is enjoying her.

Also, I got to go downstate for my sister in law Kate's baby shower with my friend Katie and our babies, Walker and Vivian. What a treat! I had so much fun down there, and it was a much much needed break from almost all of my kids. I felt so refreshed these past few days, and I know I have a refreshed amount of patience when it comes to the daily things. I truly believe that every mom needs a break from time to time. It's good for the mom, and for the kids. I especially soaked it up cause October starts in a few days and guess what that means in this house.... hunting season. The hubby is pretty excited, he's walking around with an extra spring in his step. That makes me happy to see him happy.
This is Logan's new fake smile. :)

So all in all, I'd say we're wrapping up September with a smile, and are welcoming October with mostly open arms.... mostly cause I'm not ready for winter.... so I'm just going to ignore the fact that it's right behind fall, and enjoy this last month of color. I hope you find yourselves doing the same!

No comments: