Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Doll For Sale


This little Jenna-ism occurred this morning. We were getting ready to go to her four year check up at the Dr's office and she came up to me with one of her dolls. She asked me if I wanted to buy her doll. I said sure! How much? ( me thinking maybe she'd say a dollar or something...) She promptly told me " Thirty Bucks!" I had a little laugh over that one. I think maybe she's got money on the brain.
The poor little honey got shots today. She had no idea what was coming when we exposed her skinny little legs. She cried so hard. I think it was harder for me to watch my four year old get shots than it is for me to watch my newborns. Not sure why, maybe cause they are generally pretty trusting and inquisitive to everything going on. Either way, I felt pretty bad for her today. She got two snoopy band aids and three princess stickers, all which she was VERY proud to show her Dad when he got home from school. Everything else went good. She is in the 25Th percentile for her height and her weight, no surprise there. :)
Logan had a checkup today too. He didn't' have to get shots. The nurse asked if we wanted a flu shot, and seemed a bit put out when I politely said no, we don't do the flu shot. His weight is 19.5 pounds and he was 28.5 inches long. In the 50Th percentile for his weight and 80Th percentile for his height. Aaron and I had a bet going this morning as to how much he weighed. We were both wrong, He said 24 lbs and I said 22.5. Must just be all that extra winter gear he has to wear when we go out.
We found the Ne***nee Library today. We actually drove around it many times before without ever knowing it was the library. The kids were excited to have new library books again. I think it will become part of our weekly routine, it's so nice and close. Definitely not a real big library, but hey, it's still a library! :) That was our day in a nutshell.... actually, Jenna and I went to a little birthday party for Cassie H. this afternoon for a few hours, then came home and made chili for supper. It was a good day at the L. house.

No comments: