Monday, January 18, 2010

Unwritten Rule

There must be an unwritten rule somewhere that says if you are to recieve some sort of services where a stranger has to come to your house, they will arrive when you are LEAST expecting them. When the house is a mess, and your a mess.

Take today for instance. We finally got Charter and they told me to expect the tech sometime between one and three p.m. Well I was in my bedroom preparing to take a shower, when I heard a knock on the door. It was ten a.m. Keep in mind I had my black pajama pants on that had baby cereal from Logan smeared on them, my hair thrown up in a greasy pony tail (who has time to brush or shower first thing in the morning?) and a t-shirt that I'd slept in. Not even a bra on for the day yet. Travis said Uncle Zachy is here mom! I thought a little bit ahead and threw my NMU zip up hoodie on so at least I'd be a tad presentable. It was the Internet guy. Crap! I felt SO embarrassed as he had to trek over the toys scattered from last night, and he asked where I want everything hooked up. Of course, it was my bedroom which I'd had all intention of cleaning before one o'clock. You couldn't hardly walk in it! For starters, we keep our laundry in there, then our bed and that leaves a four inch walking space. I was pretty mortified. At least the kids were dressed and not running around half naked which is known to happen for a little bit in the mornings around here. One small favor.

But the guy was really nice, and while he did his outside work, I did a quick run through of the house. He did the job and was done by the time he was originally supposed to be here. We got through it, so now I think now that I have tested out our new Internet, I will go take that shower I had hoped to take four hours ago. Have a great Monday!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah you have internet at home... I am so excited.. Love you and miss you tons.
~ Jennie

Sarah said...

Haha! I can laugh because similar things have happened to me before. : )

Anonymous said...

I think it always happens that way..and I tell myself that I'm SURE they've seen worse...they're in people's houses all day long...hey, at least it makes me feel better even if it's not true!:)