Thursday, May 6, 2010

Logan's 1st Haircut

I was told by Aaron this morning, that Logan will be getting his first hair cut. He's been saying for a long time that he needs one, but I refused to let him until he turned one. So we put the sauna on tonight, and gave both boys a haircut before hand. I hate first hair cuts. I get a little bit emotional because as a friend of mine said this morning " The first haircut ushers them out of babyhood." And to me, that totally says it all. They aren't acting so much like babies anymore, but little people, and now they look it too.
The back before Daddy brought out the clippers.
He sat still with no problems! If anything, the clippers almost put him to sleep he got so relaxed! I remember giving Travis his first hair cut, and he had to be bribed with a sucker. It was so hairy by the time we were done. :) But not Logan. I was really surprised at how good he was.

And the result: A big boy.

He looks so different! I kept looking at him tonight, wondering who this little boy is and where did my baby go? It took me many hours, but I will admit, I do kind of like it. I liked it long too, but it was getting a bit out of control. It'll grow back, and then I can cut it the way I like it. In the meantime, I'll just get used to it. :)








1 comment:

Juliana said...

ahhh! He did turn big! that is a scary feeling. We had the same thing here. I finally listened to Dan, about giving Mick a haircut. when he was about 14 months old. I like longerish hair too, haven't even been able to give Ian a buzz yet:P