Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Toothless Tomorrow

Tomorrow Jenna has a dentist appointment to have her front teeth pulled. She bumped them sometime last winter, and they developed an infection about two months ago. We tried to get rid of it with a strong antibiotic, but it just keeps coming back. So in order to protect her adult teeth and keep them from getting infected, the baby teeth have to come out.

I am really emotional about this. I know that they need to come out, and she will be totally fine about it. In fact she can't wait to be able to put them in her tooth pillow tomorrow night so the tooth fairy will come. But me, her silly mom, just really wishes that they could stay. That she could be all fired up about a loose tooth, to be able to wiggle it like normal. But I guess what is ever really "normal"? She'll still be darling, her personality will make sure of that.  It'll take a while to get used to her new smile. As I sit here typing, I'm trying to be brave. If she sees me all sad about it, it'll make her sad and I don't want her to ever feel sad about herself.

I hope she doesn't get teased by other kids for not having all four of her front teeth. Another one of my worries. Her dentist says that since there won't be anything in the way of the adult teeth, they might come in sooner than they would've otherwise. I'm hoping! But in the meantime, I guess we'll just have to enjoy our little girls smile with a few less teeth. I'll post a picture of her new smile later this week when her mouth has had a chance to heal. Send postive happy thoughts my way tomorrow morning! I'll need them to keep my brave face on!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best wishes, and keep that smile on Momma, cuz your little girl is gonna be cute as ever w/out her front teeth!
Laura Kangas