Sunday, April 10, 2011

Signs of Spring

Here are a few signs of spring around here. I have pictures too, but my camera is outside in my van.... maybe they'll get posted this week sometime.
But in the meantime, I'm calling it spring, and here's why:
  • My boys both got buzzy hair cuts- I always think it's WAY too short for the first day, and then love it afterwords. They always look so big with their first buzz of the season.
  • Our snow bank has been melted so that it's half the size it used to be. Aaron collapsed the kids snow fort yesterday so they wouldn't get stuck in it.
  • Our driveway is a MAJOR mud pit. Logan discovered he doesn't like mud. His boots get stuck and he can't move so well. That makes him too nervous.
  • The trees are budding down by my mom's house.
  • I've seen yellow finches and red breasted robins flitting around and singing in the trees.
  • I have crocus's blooming in my garden, along with daffodils and tulips working their way out of the ground.
  • The ice on my house roof came crashing down at 4 a.m. the other morning. Shook the whole house and scared the heck out of Aaron and I. If our van had been four feet closer to the house the ice would've demolished our van. Part of me was relieved, the other part ( the sassy side) wishes it would've.... we are dreaming of a newer vehicle. Ours is starting to die one part at a time.
  • The sun has shone probably the past five days in a row. That doesn't happen around here in the winter. We're lucky to see the sun once a week then.
  • There are rivers of water from melting snow running down the sides of the road.
  • I can see my yard again!
It makes me smile to see and hear all these signs of spring, and gets me kind of giddy cause that means garage sale season is just around the corner. I can't wait!!!  Just dreaming of all those bargains waiting to be found gives me the itch to garage sale. A few more weeks..... well four actually till Jennie and I go to Green Bay. Then five more weeks after that til baby L is due! The countdown is on. :) I think there is a wedding almost every weekend in May that I plan on attending, and then it'll finally be June. It'll come faster now.... at least that's what I am counting on! :) We were at the camp last night and my SIL and her family came out there with her 3 week old baby girl. Just listening to her baby squeaks and cry made me smile. Soon enough our little babe will be here. Our countdown is on. :)

No comments: