Saturday, May 7, 2011

What We've Been Up To

It's been a little bit busy around here lately as spring *seems* to finally sprung. Meaning it hasn't snowed in about a week now, and our grass is finally daring to begin turning green.
  A few things we've been up to:
  • I cleaned my entire downstairs the other day. It felt good to actually have the mini burst of energy and get it all done. Chairs and table really scrubbed down, I mopped floors, folded and put away lots of laundry, went thru some of Jenna's clothes before I go garage saling next weekend, cleaned my kitchen and living room. It needs a touch up now, but I've been trying to stay on top of it. Now if I could only tackle my bedroom..... soon. Before baby comes. If not, Aaron will get it cleaned when I'm in the hospital.
  • I only have 7 more weeks til baby L is due. :) I'm beginning to get excited. I held up a newborn size onsie over my belly the other day, and it fit. Meaning, you would be able to guess that there is a baby that size be-bopping around inside of me. :)
  • My closest and dearest friend comes home from Alaska in 2.5 days. We are all very excited to see her again.  I'm also fired up to be living back up here this year so maybe I'll actually see her more than a handful of times this summer. We plan on beaching it alot if it's nice.
  • Jennie and I are going garage saling in GB next week. I'm SUPER antsy to go. I've been tempted to go saling around my area, but haven't even looked at the paper as I'm saving my pennies for next week. It's not easy though knowing they are starting out there!
  • It's Aaron's 29th birthday today. He wants a Jello Cake for his bday. I'm not sure if we're going out to eat or not. He wants to go stay at the camp tonight.
  • We took the kids to the circus last night. Logan was ready to be done about halfway thru. Every time they shut the lights off for another act, he'd turn and look at me and say "All done Mommy!" I also realized why people don't go. I wasn't super impressed. There were lots of ladies in skimpy leotards, the music was REALLY loud the entire time, and there weren't a whole lot of acts that really caught my kids attention. All they did was bug for tiny boxes of popcorn that cost 3.00 and cotton candy- also 3.00. We got one cotton candy for all five of us to share. We each got a couple of pinches. Or cheapy glow in the dark toys that people were happily forking over 15.00 for. I'm guessing half of them broke before the circus was even over. Maybe we'll go again in three years.
  • It's also Aaron's brother Brian, and our good friend Jennie's birthday today. Happy Birthday guys!
  • The kids have been playing outside as much as possible. Logan especially loves it out there. They've all been sleeping a bit better at night too, and sleeping in in the morning. I like that.
  • After the circus last night we went visiting out at Aaron and Katie S's house. The guys watched the Wings game and Katie and I visited. It was fun to catch up with them.
  • I guess that's about it! It's been a fun kind of busy, and I hope it keeps up. It makes time go by fast which is always a good thing when your in the final stretch of waiting for a baby to make it's appearance. Til next time! Have a great weekend!

No comments: