Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Busted

We need a new bird feeder. Something, we aren't sure if it was a bear or a raccoon. ( Aaron thinks it was a bear :( ) Whatever it was it knocked the feeder off of it's perch on top of the clothesline last night when we were sleeping. It was pretty much busted laying on the ground. I was hoping it'd be salvageable, but it wasn't. SO.... I'm wondering if we got a new one, if the same thing would happen again. Guess we'll try it and see what happens. While we're at it, maybe I'll try to find a squirrel proof one. If there is such a thing.

I started a compost pile too, and either it's decomposing quite rapidly, or something is helping itself to our scraps. I'm wondering if that's such a good thing either. Guess this town girl has to get used to the downsides of country living.

2 comments:

Sharyn said...

I stopped feeding birds because they poop all over my clothes on the line, so I'm trying to figure out how a bird feeder works right on the clothesline?

The squirrels always got ours too

Erika said...

We bought a piece of PVC pipe and rigged a piece of rebar in the bottom to hold it in the ground, then put some hanging brackets on it. Left it unpainted and squirrels never get it because it is too slippery. We made it tall enough so the deer couldn't lick out all the seeds but the bear has gotten to it....just once.