Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Final Semester.......

....of school where Aaron actually has class! It is finally feeling like this school thing might end at some point, instead of never ending! He has been the one doing all the hard work, so I feel kind of like what do I know, but it's a big ordeal on our whole family. I'm glad we had no idea how hard it would be when we started, or we probably would've never done it. But no matter how hard it is now, I know it'll be for the better in the long run. Our kids will benefit from the hard work their dad is doing now, and I'm SO SO SO proud of him.

He's got two more weeks of class, then a week of exams, and he's done til June. He has to take a Microbiology class for six weeks this summer, so I guess technically he's not quite done with classes. But one class is super easy compared to five or six or more. Then next fall he does his internship at MGH and then is hoping to do his ex-ternship at Portage. We are really hoping and crossing all fingers and toes that they will still need Surgical Techs. He has emailed the head of the program, and got a positive response from her. It would be great if we could just move back into our house up in L and sort of pick up right where we left off. I miss having a place to call my own, and after all the work we did to that old house we hardly even got to enjoy it.

I guess I just feel as we've always known there is a light at the end of the tunnel, but we just couldn't ever see it. But now, now we can see a glimpse of it. This month is cruising by, and Summer up here always flies with enjoying the weather to it's utmost. Then the fall, and then December graduation! I know we still have to make it there, but I know we will. For now, the weights on the shoulders are still pretty heavy, but they are lifting, bit by bit. Everyone who has gone back to school when they were older and had families said it's hard, but definitely worth it in the end. I hope they are right. :)

1 comment:

Mari said...

Hang in there, all of you. You are right, going to college and raising a family is very hard work, but yes, it will be worth it.