Friday, July 16, 2010

We're Going Camping!!!!!

I woke up this morning all fired up to have a day off. Then the nursing home called around noon and asked if I'd go in today as they'd had a call in. I wasn't so pumped off the idea being as it's my only day off all weekend.  But then Christy (she has always been SO good with working with me when I want a day off, and because of this, I always try and work with her so she keeps being nice to me! :D) said I could have tomorrow or Sunday off instead of today. The idea suddenly sounded like a good one, so I said yes, I'd work today if I can have tomorrow off. We wanted to go visit some friends who are camping over at V. Riper Campground for the weekend. Then she said I could have Sunday off as well if I wanted. At first I said no, not really wanting to loose out on many hours, but then Aaron came up with the great idea of taking it off anyways, and go camp with them. I LOVED the idea. I have been craving a good camping trip all summer. I don't think we really camped a real camping trip all last summer, and it wasn't looking so hot for this summer either. SO....

I called Christy back, and asked if it was too late to change my mind, as I now wanted both Sat. and Sun. off. It wasn't too late! Hooray! Now..... to figure out if there were open sites. There are! Hooray! We're going for two nights. It's going to be so much fun! Our site is mostly dirt, and some grass, but what the heck. Who said that camping is supposed to be clean? I pretty much know that that's impossible when I've still got a crawling baby. I've resigned myself to the fact that he probably will crawl his way through summer, and then start walking in the fall sometime. That's just the way my babies operate.

 The only slight hitch in the plan... our tent. Remember the pictures from this POST? Our snowstorm that we had the first weekend of May? Right. It's ruined. But I remembered my wonderful neighbor who offered us to borrow their big dome tent sometime this summer if we'd wanted too. I called her up and the offer still stood.. :) Thank you Lisa! Now.... I need to assemble a list, and pack and go grocery shopping for two days and two nights of camping. I'm So So So excited! I better get cracking. Have a good weekend! I know we will! :D

1 comment:

Pete/Heidi said...

Hope you had a wonderful trip!