Thursday, March 24, 2011

Not So Lucky This Time

So.... Jenna stayed home from school yesterday and Tuesday because of a sore throat. I brought her in yesterday morning ( I'm glad we live two blocks from our hospital, because their soonest opening was fifteen minutes after I called. We made it there in seventeen.) to check for Strep Throat as her school sent a letter home with her last week saying it was going around. Sure nuf, her swab test came back positive. In one sense I was glad we caught it, and that she was going to be feeling better, but then the very next thought was Super. That means the other two will more than likely come down with it too, as it's very contagious for the first 24 hours.
The rest of the day passed by with nobody else showing symptoms, so I thought maybe, just maybe we'll get lucky. Nope. Travis and Logan both woke up from their naps this afternoon cranky and feverish. They both just got crabbier as the night went on. Finally at five thirty I figured I'd better bring them in, as they probably had strep seeing as Jenna just tested positive for it yesterday. Sure nuf again, except they have an ear infection each on top of it. Poor guys, no wonder they were miserable. Hopefully, tomorrow, with all of them on meds, they'll be feeling better again, and hopefully it stops at the kids.
I was hoping we weren't going to get this bug this year. It's gone around so many times, and they have been accidentaly exposed a few times, but never actually came down with it. I guess we just weren't quite that lucky this time.

No comments: