Wednesday, May 6, 2009

What I Love About Spring

I decided today that I'm in love with spring. I love seeing the green grass and the red and yellow tulips that are growing in front of my apartment. I love the rain that makes these grow. I love the smell after it rains. It just seems so fresh. I love that it doesn't get dark til around nine.

I really enjoy the sounds of spring too. The birds in the early morning, and the crickets and frogs at night. It reminds me of when I was living at home, and we'd have the windows open at night so you could hear the frogs down at the bicentennial ponds croaking their midnight songs.

I love that we can just walk out the door and not have to put on a jacket, hats, mittens, boots and scarves. Just throw on our shoes and we're good to go! :) I really really love not having to brush a foot of snow off the hood of my van before I even get in.

I love seeing people outside walking with their pets, children or significant others. It's nice to know we live in an area that is great for any sort of outdoor activities. We have many choices of parks to choose from on a daily basis for the kids to play at and wear off some crazy energy. We finally get more than a few days of sunshine a month and it's warm enough outside when it is sunny to actually enjoy it to it's fullest.

But most of all I love spring because summer follows it and that is truly my favorite season of all. I'm anxiously awaiting the beach days that finally seem within reach again. :) I'm a summer baby (July being my birthday month) so maybe it's in my blood.... who knows. I just know that we live where the summers are hot, but not too hot, and by the best lake ever to swim in, and you can't beat that. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well said! I agree with this whole post. I'm a June baby... ~Brita

Lorz said...

I admit- you've got the best lake so swim in- the only one I'll actually swim in, in fact! :D I'm a July baby too- maybe there is something to that 'cause I love summer also! Well, and spring- for all the reasons you listed! :)

Megan said...

We get pretty spoiled by being able to swim in the big lake. I admit that my standards are set pretty high and I'm rather fussy about where I swim because of it. My sister in law Katie's family loves to swim in the lake out at their camp and though I've been there a few times I can't get myself to even attempt to get in.... I guess I like to see the bottom. :)