Thursday, July 23, 2009

15 hours and 2 tires later

Loretta, Alanna, and I and the two babies, Logan and Karmyn came down state today. And we made such "good time" that it only took us fifteen hours coming from Alanna's house. We made it to where I live just fine, but on the way out, Alanna ran over the curb and popped her tire. After some nice stranger came and put the donut on her car, we went to Walmart to get the tire changed. After waiting 45 minutes while they changed her tire, we went to pick up her car to find out she needed one more as her back tire was bald to the threads inside. So we waited another hour for them to fix that tire. Finally by three thirty ( we left Alanna's at six a.m.) we were on the road. The babies were pretty good until about 23 miles from our final destination when they decided that they'd HAD ENOUGH! We had to find the nearest exit and stop for them to get out of their car seats. After twenty minutes we noticed we were at a crusty looking truck stop gas station and got a bit uncomfortable and decided we'd tough out the rest of the trip. We pulled into Glen and Lisa's at nine o'clock p.m. 15 hours after we left. It should have only taken about 8 hours, 9 tops. Needless to say.... there were a few crabby travelers by the time we got here.

On a positive note, tomorrow is supposed to be nice, and my only plans are to sit by the pool in my swim suit and relax. It is my birthday and my 5th wedding anniversary tomorrow so that to me is the best gift! No kids bugging on me, ( hopefully my baby will co-operate) just me and my book I started reading on the way down here. I am beginning the Twilight series. I'm about half way through the first book Twilight, and I'm hooked! I can't wait to sit down and finish the rest. I am sure I'll be scrounging for the second one by the time the weekend is over. I'm pumped. I haven't read a really good book in a while, and I'm really liking this one. I'll let you know what I really think once I finish the series.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY BFF!!! I LOVE YOU TONS!
~ Jennie

Heidi Lassila said...

Happy Birthday Megan! Have a fun weekend downstate!