Thursday, July 9, 2009

Lilly the Cat

At the camp last weekend, Nancy L. had 3 kittens with her. (They are free if any one wants a kitten. ) Well Jenna kind of adopted this one, and named it Lilly. This poor kitten was hauled around all weekend. Either by it's neck, or the way you would cradle a baby, to the way she is in this picture. It as Jenna's best friend. We actually were surprised that the kitten didn't put up any kind of fight with the way it was treated. Jenna even tried to bring it in the sauna with her! I was able to convince her to leave Lilly out for fifteen minutes while she washed up. If we didn't know where Jenna was, chances were she was chasing Lilly or playing with her. At one point I found her sitting in Papa and Muumu's sandbox with Lilly in one arm and scooping sand with the other. That cat was her constant companion. Now, I am not one bit a fan of cats, but if we were living in the country right now, I'd have given serious thought to taking it home and have an outdoor cat to keep mice away. It tugged on my heart strings watching her play. It was too cute. But, Jack and Nancy have kittens at their farm every year, so there will be another Lilly to consider taking home someday.

My mom on the other hand is trying to convince my dad to get Lilly. He's not so convinced they need an outside cat, but I think the kids would love it. Plus when I was staying there last weekend I saw a decent sized mouse run across their living room floor...... kind of gave me the heebie jeebies......think they need a cat?

No comments: