Saturday, July 25, 2009

Heavenly Day

My day today consisted of sitting by the pool, soaking up the heat and sunshine while reading Twilight. I loved it. Now to start the second one. :) My baby was awesome today, and I did exactly what I had planned on doing all week. I loved every minute of it. It was a much needed day where I had no plans to do anything major. The best birthday/anniversary present ever. My sisters bought me a birthday cake, and thought they were cute by putting trick candles on it. I caught on right away, and refused to waste time by blowing them out twenty times. But it was nice of them to think of a cake. It was also my 5th wedding anniversary today. I know what your thinking. " you got married on your birthday!?" And yes, I did. I don't regret it. It just makes the day extra special. :) That five years goes by so fast. I wish I had my husband by my side to help celebrate it, but he is at the other end of the state. I love him just as much now, if not more than five years ago. He makes my every day better just by being there.

Later this evening I went to a friends on the other side of town where she had made fresh blueberry pie. It was delicious! Thanks Mary! It was great to see you and your little family if only for a little while. :0)

Then last but not least I went to Katie's bachelorette party tonight. She is getting married tomorrow. I wish her and her new husband to be many years of happiness! There will be many bumps along the way, but they just bring you closer. It's awesome to find that special someone to spend the rest of your life with that makes you complete. Congrats Katie! I wish you lots of love. luck. and happiness for the rest of your lives. You deserve it.

2 comments:

Lorz said...

I'm glad you enjoyed your special day! I was scheduled to get married on my birthday- we have about 200 invites to prove it- but ended up eloping a few weeks early. :D

jUli said...

Happy Belated and Anniversary, Megs! Glad you had a wonderful day!