Thursday, February 18, 2010

Downer Days

The past couple days have not been at the top of my feel good list. If anything actually they are at the other end. Everyone who reads this ( I'm finding out there are more than I thought!) knows I was super excited to go to Minnesota this weekend. Well.... scratch that plan. The kids came down with horrid colds at the beginning of the week, and are still fighting them. Noses like runny faucets and icky coughs. Needless to say, that was a pretty big downer for me. I needed the break from my daily routine, and now it'll have to wait. It's not like we totally canceled out, just postponed it for a few weeks til our original date we planned on. We would feel pretty bad if we got that new baby Riina sick. Sometimes it's junky to have to act responsible and grown up all the time. I'm ready for a day or weekend ( Cannot wait until Green Bay!) where I don't have to be just Megan. I get overwhelmed sometimes. I think this week has been especially hard with sick whiny kids.

Yesterday we went to the laundromat in town to get caught up on our laundry. We were doing OK, Jenna was pushing the boys around in those laundry carts with the wheels and somehow entertaining them. At some point Logan had gotten a hold of his little container of puffs, and spilled them on the floor. I was somewhere between changing loads from the washer to the dryer, sorting clothes and putting others going all the while trying to keep track of three bored kids. I got sidetracked and didn't get them swept up right away. The owner came out and swept them up before me. I apologized for the mess, but just kind of got a dirty look. I don't think she appreciated the Micky and Minnie mouse coloring books and crayons on the floor and the big kids on the counter a whole lot. Can't say I blamed her, but could have done without the dirty look. To top off that fun experience, we ran out of quarters before we finished drying all of our clothes. I am still drying them at home today.

Finally - sorry so lengthily.... guess that's what happens when I don't post for a week- I called Jenna's dentist today about her reeky breath and the little blister on her gums. They made room for her today in their schedule, so I brought her in. She took one look at her gums and said, yep, they have to come out. I was trying to prepare myself for that, but it still hit me like a sack of bricks. I'm going to have a toothless little girl. My mother says she's going to look darling, and I'm sure she's right, but today, I'm mourning her teeth for her. She was eating an apple last night, and kept commenting about how yummy it was. Guess she won't be eating apples with her front teeth. Sigh. So much for the fun weekend we had planned..... and the weekend hasn't even begun yet. Hope yours turns out better than mine.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megs~ Sending you a huge hug. I love you and miss you. I hope the kids start feeling better soon. XOXOXOXO~ Jennie

Leanne said...

Sending you hugs too. It's really hard to be a mom; don't feel guilty for feeling completely worn out. I'm hoping for happier, healthier days for you soon!