Sunday, February 21, 2010

Smiles

Please excuse the booger nose.... it's been a constant battle that I'm loosing all week. Every time I turn around a nose needs wiping. And her messy hair, we can brush it, and all she has to do is take a nap for it to look like a squirrels nest again. She gets that from her mother. :)
I brought this smiley little girl of mine to the dentist last week because of raunchy smelling breath, and a little blister on her gums above her two front teeth. Turns out she's got an infection in her gums. What we think happened is she bumped her teeth at some point
( she just had oral surgery to make them look good and clean out all of her cavities in June) in the fall ( I think it was from jumping on the bed and hitting her mouth off of Travis's head.) and bumped them good enough to break the root on one of them, causing it to get infected at a later date. SO.... now the two front teeth need to come out. :( Her smile is so big and generous right now, I love it. It'll take some getting used to with no teeth on top. She's four, so it'll be a little while before the other ones come in.

It's been on my mind all week, and makes me sad that she'll have a toothless smile. We just aren't having any luck with teeth! We brush them and make sure they're clean, and still they need so much work. I know it's for her own good, and that they do need to come out so her permanent teeth don't get ruined too, but it still makes me a little bit sad. We have until May though, as they aren't pulling them out til then.

No comments: