Monday, June 29, 2009

Ready to Bomb

All clear!
This townhouse is officially ready to be bombed.... for bugs.
I have been seeing this icky little beetles in the house now that summer has finally arrived. They are small and black with a single brown stripe going across it's back. I looked up what they are online, and from what I found I think they are larder beetles, and some icky worm looking things are their larvae. I'm not a hundred percent sure about the worms, but I am about the beetle. Gross right?
So I decided that I am gong to bug bomb this place before we go up north for the weekend. In order to do that though, your house should be clean.... SO.... today I put the pedal to the metal and made tracks around here. And I cleaned. Seriously cleaned. Probably the spring cleaning I should've done in the spring. But I'll use the "I just had a baby so I didn't have the energy" card for that one. :) Anyways.... I gave this place a good scrubbing.

The kitchen: dishes, counters cleaned and I scrubbed the floor on my hands and knees. Don't get too impressed, my kitchen floor is only 4 ft x 9 ft. The only thing that didn't get done in there was my refrigerator. Maybe I'll get to that tomorrow..... maybe. The living/dining room: picked up, vacuumed and dusted... check!

The bathroom: emptied the soggy pee diapers from last night out of the garbage that were smelling up the downstairs, scrubbed the sink, scrubbed the tub, scrubbed the toilet ( I had to put the cleaning solution in three times before I actually got to scrub it. Apparently Travis thought that the blue water needed to be flushed and proceeded to do that twice before I beat him to it with the scrub brush.), and also did the floor in there on my hands and knees. Again don't be too impressed. It's about the same size as my kitchen floor.

Jenna and Travis's room: I couldn't see the floor before I started, now... they have a very nice carpet to play on in their room. :) AND.... it's clean so that Jenna can clearly see that there is no where for monsters to hide in there. Now to figure out where to put all of Logan's clothes. We need a dresser for him. Anyone have one they want to get rid of? :)

Even my room got cleaned! :) And no... I didn't do the classic clean up job and shove everything either in the closet or under the bed. :) Shame on you for thinking that. :0)

So... back to the bugs. Now that this place is all sparkley and clean, I can hopefully work on getting rid those nasty bugs. I have been seeing them EVERYWHERE. From the kitchen sink, under the table, crawling across the carpet in the living room, in my room under Logan's crib, the bathroom ( it was in the sink!) everywhere. I HATE creepy crawlies, so hopefully this bug bombing will work. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Lorz said...

I hope the bomb works!!! The best part, in my opinion, is coming home to a sparkling clean house. We always like to do a clean, clean job before we head out of town- it's makes coming home SO much better! Enjoy your time up north! :)

Megan said...

I know it is the best feeling to come home to a super clean house after vacation, because nobody wantds to come home after an enjoyable time and clean. I am looking forward to a long weekend north. Thanks Laura!