Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Weekend Re-Cap


Logan slept through his first Bridgefest Parade. It was a beautiful evening, and the parade was nice. It was a fun start to the long weekend.

On the way home from my mom's we stopped at Canyon Falls and let the kids check out the water. They wanted to go all the way in. We took them to the beach once we got home and had supper out there too. We grilled hot dogs for the kids and Cheddarwursts for Aaron and I. They were delicious. We went to the local ice cream shop for ice cream afterwards. It was a great way to end the day.

Jenna and Travis at the parade waiting for candy. Most of the entries had run out of candy by the time they got to us, but the kids got a few handfuls. Enough to keep them happy.

It felt so good to come back home yesterday after being up at my mom's since last Wednesday. We had a great time up there. BEAUTIFUL weather almost every day. Sunday we spent some quality time out at the camp before heading back into town for night church. I had a sauna and jumped in "the lake". My first time in there this year. It felt great! :) I love our time spent out at the camp in the summers. I'm going to miss it alot this year when I can't just buzz out there for a hot day or a quick weekend.
It's hot out today though, and after Jenna's eye dr. appointment we are heading to the beach with Jennie.

1 comment:

Ev said...

I was just realizing today that I miss jumping in Lake Superior! Jen and I went for a hike today and as we stopped to look at a tiny river, I was imagining the cold thrill of swimming back home! Being in Alaska right now, where the weather is not so warm, it's not exactly beach weather...