Friday, October 23, 2009

6 Months Old

It is really hard for me to believe this little man of mine is six months old! That time sure flew by fast! He has gotten a little bit chubby as of lately. His hands and legs are filling out. He's not near as chunky as Travis was when he was this age, but he's gotten bigger. I'm ready to move him out of my room, so that is the plan for when we move in two weeks. We'll probably have to let him learn how to put himself to sleep as well. I hate that. Aaron usually does it when I'm working, but there are a few days where I just have to block their crying out. I'm just too nice to let them cry themselves to sleep. But that's what we had to do for Jenna and Travis, and it worked. It just takes a few days.
Last night this little guy was so cute! Not that he isn't everyday, but last night he was all cuddly and snuggly in my shoulder, and doing his little "singing" that he's been doing to comfort himself when he's sleeping or eating. He just lights up the room with his smile. All it takes is for me to walk into the room or within his eyesight range for him to smile. He really likes his mom. Which most days is a good thing, but when he's all sad and crying on his Dad, who is perfectly capable to hold him especially when I am busy trying to clean or make supper, it can be not so great. Usually when he does that and I go pick him up, he looks back at Aaron and smiles. He SO has us wrapped around his little fingers.

We started him on baby food last week. So far he doesn't care for peas ( we tried them yesterday and he acted like we shoved something sour in his mouth) and green beans. Those will be tried again in a few days. He loves his fruit and sweet potatoes however, and the orange veggies have gone over pretty well with him. He was def. ready to move onto more than formula and cereal. Now that we started him on his solids, he seems to be more content.

2 comments:

Juli said...

I am such a wimpo about letting them to cry themselves to sleep too. I think it was Chelsea that Dan said, "Okay, she is going to sleep in the crib from the start" (So we don't have the large, rolling 8 mo. old in between us) then I had to laugh when he was the one taking her in w/ us;) They make us feel so loved and needed hey, but I hear you about the perfectly capable papa right there. Micko thought he always needed Mom, too.

Anonymous said...

Megs~ Our students think that Logan looks like Mr. Asiala. I think it is just the blue eyes, maybe because Logan is named after Rick. Not sure. Logan is white with blue eyes, Rick is white with blue eyes, Awww the connection. BTW The pictures fo the children are beautiful!!!!! I miss you tons. ~ Jennie