Monday, October 26, 2009

A Blonde Monday Moment

Those of you who know me well know that I have a history of having some major blonde moments. I am just naturally kind of a ditz sometimes. Well, I guess I was due for one cause today I had quite the doozy of one.

The low fuel light came on in the van today, so I stopped at the gas station to get some gas. I pulled up, and got out and went to open the gas cap. I didn't see it, so I felt a little sheepish and hopped back into the van and drove to the other side of the pump and got out again. This time there was no cap again! I muttered to my self "you've got to be kidding me!" In the meantime, there were two other people at the pump filling up their vehicles and by now I'd made a little bit of a scene. One was a man in a business suit. I'm pretty sure I saw him give a little chuckle. One was a younger lady. She made a comment about my having little ones in the van, and that she does that all the time too. I think she was just trying to make me feel better.

Well, I got back in the van for the third time, and finally got it parked on the right side to pump the ten dollars of gas that I needed. I hopped out feeling really stupid, and opened the cap, and grabbed the gas nozzle, reached to put the nozzle in the tank and felt a sudden jerk. I. was. too. far. away. Now I was just about ready to give up and drive off I felt so dumb, but for the last time I got in, backed up the van so the hose would reach my van and was finally able to fill up. It only took me four times.

How was your Monday?

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hahaha! : ) This made me laugh!!!