Monday, October 6, 2008

elevator alarms

I had fingerprints taken today for my job at the nursing home. It was at a hotel about five minutes from the townhouse. When we pulled up there was a little park outside. That caught Jenna's attention right away. At the front door, Jenna thought that we were at a restaurant and was pumped to eat. When we walked into the lobby she went whoa!!!! She was also very impressed by the "kiddie pool" which wasn't really a kiddie pool, but a five foot deep pool. Funny how kids get pleasure out of the simplest things. It totally made her day just to press the button in the elevator to go to the next floor. On the way back down though, she got a little too button happy and pushed the alarm button! I think it startled her more than me. :) Nobody noticed though so that was good.
We made smoothies for a snack after supper tonight... mmmmm..... they are so good! I pulled out some blueberries from this summer, some strawberries and bananas. Oh what a yummy treat. And healthy too!
I begin my orientation for Target on Thursday. I guess they said to plan on it taking five hours. I wonder what we will be doing for five hours. At least I'll get paid for it! :) I'm anxiously awaiting my first paycheck. I haven't gotten one since August! I'm ready to begin working again though. It'll be a nice break from the kids, and it will really help.

No comments: