Sunday, October 5, 2008

Hikes and Window Shopping

We went window shopping at the mall and Shopko on Sat..... we didn't spend any money except to go out for supper. It was fun. There were alot of sales that would have been fun to take advantage of, but we're poor college students, so we passed. It was fun just to look and hang out as a family. Aaron and I even got our wedding rings cleaned.... now they look like they did when we were first married. Sparkley! Mine were grimey and really needed a good cleaning.
Today we went for a hike with John and Stacey up Hogsback again. It was just as fun as the first time. Today though we followed the original trail and it was considerably easier going up. Travis fell asleep on the way down again.... must be something about the movement of being carried down a mountainside. I'm sure I'd fall asleep if someone carried me down too.
I made a creamy broccoli soup for supper. It was really good, but not as thick as I thought it should be. I as usual ate til I was stuffed to the gills. :)
This weekend we decided to let Travis cry himself to sleep not only when we first laid him down for the night, but every time he woke up during the night. Fri night was kinda tough, but last night he did pretty good, and tonight was a record. He only cried for five minutes! :) yea!!!! I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that this will last.

No comments: