Thursday, October 2, 2008

Flannel Season

It's October. Flannel season. Aaron has been waiting til we can put the sheets on the bed. He was even bragging to a coworker that we are going to put the sheets on the bed this week. If he had his way I think the only month of the year that they would really come off would be August. So, I pulled them out of the closet yesterday and put them on the bed. October 1st and the flannel sheets were on. I admit though, they did feel oh so nice to crawl into flannel. I just don't like what they represent..... cold. I wish I could find flannel sheets for my kids beds. I have never found them though. Maybe I could dust off my ancient sewing skills and sew some for them. How hard could it be? HAHA. Seriously though, the thought did cross my mind. Who knows.... maybe.
All this rain is getting old. I swear we have jumped right from summer to the end of fall. No beginning or middle. It is so cold! I knew last week when it was seventy and eighty that I'd better enjoy it, because soon the cold weather would be setteling in. October isn't one of my favorite months because it symbolizes the start of our too long winters. On our way home tonight it was 38 degrees at eight o'clock. They are predicting the "S" word for tonight. I'm not ready for that! I'm still waiting for one last day of summer! Last night I saw some kids in the parking lot here with winter gear on! I still haven't packed away our summer clothes! Did I mention I'm not ready?

No comments: