Thursday, December 11, 2008

6 Things about Megan

This seems to be the latest thing. I too have been tagged. Six things about me..... hmmmm.... this might take a minute. I had to chuckle at Heidi's blog about the on and off switch. That totally related to me. :) I love the not having to feel like the dishes need to be done or the main level picked up before bed. Some days I do that, and enjoy the cleanliness of it in the morning, but it never lasts long because my kids always tear it apart anyways.

But six things about me:

1. I would love to have a dog. I always had one growing up, so I would like my kids to experience the same thing. Aaron and I agree not to have one in town though. We both would like to live in the country some day. We disagree on what kind of dog. He wants a little dachshund, and I have always envisioned having a golden retriever. If we do get a dog, it will be male and it's name will be Jake like the country song that goes something like " If I die before I wake, feed Jake."

2. My wedding ring was a size 3.5 when I got married. After I got pregnant with Jenna my fingers swelled and I had to have it made a size bigger, so now it is a size 4.5

3. I LOVE being a mom and wife. Sure there are times where I wonder what life would be like to be single, but then I think of my kids and wonderful husband, and then realize no matter how tough things might be right now, I wouldn't trade them for anything because they are my world.

4. I still have trinkets I saved from High school. I just went through one of my boxes, and threw alot of things in the garbage. One of them was a crown from Burger King that had the names of the people I was there with on it. I don't think I have seen or talked to half the people who were with me that day since I graduated. I will admit I am a pack rat and probably WAY to sentimental.

5. Aaron and I went to Alaska for ten days for our honeymoon. I loved it. I didn't know if I would and it was never really somewhere that I'd dreamed of going. But I would love to go back again someday and explore it a little further. We only got to see parts of the Kenai Peninsula, and it was gorgeous. It reminded me a lot of home here except that they had the mountains.

6. Summer Sunsets. I have probably seen hundreds of sunsets, and each one is just as beautiful as the last. I take pictures of them, and think everyone is just as unique as the last one. It is one of the things I miss the most in the winter is the sunsets that we see at the camp all summer long.

I guess that's all for now, I think everyone I know who blogs has been tagged to do one. If your reading this and haven't written six things about yourself, go for it! And have fun!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm with you on the packrat/sentimental thing. I can't help it. I save cards. Letters. Bits and peices of here and there that I just can't seemt to part with. Every once and awhile I will go through and toss some stuff... But usually I just think, "Well... I've held onto it this long." Plus, it makes me happy to look at old stuff. : )

Heidi Lassila said...

I didn't realize you had such tiny fingers, I think my wedding ring is a 3.5 right now...or is it 3? I can't remember. When Jeff went to buy it, the lady WOULD NOT believe that my fingers were smaller than a 4 (and I wasn't there). She insisted that he buy no smaller than that. And wadya know, I had to get it resized!

Pete/Heidi said...

I totally get the sunset thing~ the summer sunsets (especially over the big lake) are so relaxing, beautiful and final. Thanks for sharing! :)

Megan said...

The smallest size the jewler that Aars bought my ring from was a six. And it was HUGE! I put scotch tape around it for a few days cause I couldn't part with it right away to get it sized.

Katie said...

I need your address. Will you email it to me?