Friday, December 5, 2008

It's official

I guess it's official. We have renters living in our house. Crazy. They're from southern Texas so I'm sure it was a bit of a culture shock for them to wake up this morning in the house and it was only ten degrees outside compared to the higher warmer temps of Texas. The dad is working as a surgical tech at the local hospital by the house, and they seemed pretty fired up to be in the U.P.
Aaron is headed North this weekend to sand a house for Kevin. I have to work all weekend so it kind of put us in a bit of a pickle, but I think we kind of have it figured out. I had a dream about it last night, so I must've really been stressed about it. But we really could use the extra funding right now, so we made it work. He will get a ride home on Sunday before I have to go to work.
I ordered some Christmas cards last night, they should be ready today as I can pick them up at Target, and ordered the other ones off of Shutterfly and those will be directly shipped to my apartment. We have had a few cards trickling through in the mail. I love receiving Christmas cards. It's actually the one time of the year I look forward to picking up the mail because more often than not there are cards in there. It's not all junk and bills.
But I suppose, if we are going to have a babysitter over here, I should get my house cleaned up a bit. I am finding that a mother's job never ends. I can clean something up, and every time I turn around the kids just undid what I did! Oh well. I'm getting better, but I am by far NOT a perfect housekeeper. Maybe eventually when we have no kids around, but that won't be for many years so don't count on it anytime soon. :) It wouldn't be so bad if I could just get it all done in one shot, but that's near impossible when these two are awake. I guess I will just have to putter at it and get as much done before I leave for work this afternoon.

No comments: