Tuesday, December 30, 2008

One of those days

What a day.....
It started out with Aars waking up on the wrong side of the bed. Then Jenna majorly pooped her underwear and I had to scrub the carpet because she didn't let me know and sat down with poop leaking out of her undies. I know the best solution isn't to yell at her, but I got so frustrated today. So needless to say, I had a bawling two year old on my hands.

Once I'd regained my wits, I made a grocery list, got Jenna ready to come run errands with me, and left to go do my running. Well, the van was STUCK. As in the back door got dented from pushing so hard. I'd unknowingly parked on a hill on ice last night and the van was not budging. Well I wasn't going anywhere, so I called work and let them know I might not make it in, but I'd give them a call if I did get unstuck. Thanks to Rick and Jennie though, they traveled all the way from her mom's to their house, unloaded, and then came to my rescue and pulled us out with their Durango. Thanks Jen! And Rick! You guys are the best!

Once I was out, I decided to go to work for the second half of my shift, but had to run to the grocery store for supper first. On the way there I stopped to mail a letter. I got out of the van and promptly slipped on the ice in the parking lot and landed hard on my butt. It was so bad it took me a minute to get up, and still to this minute ( almost five hours later) hurts like the dickens. :(

It was just one of those days where I was thinking at noon that maybe I should go to bed and try to start all over. But I just kept trudging along, and made it through. Now here is to hoping tomorrow goes better....

No comments: