Monday, December 8, 2008

A day of all sorts

Today was a day where just about everything happened. Travis's tooth finally popped, so he was much happier today.... but Jenna came down with a fever of 101.5 tonight right before I was suppopsed to go to work. Not sure what her deal is, but her head hurt and she wanted a bandaid on her forhead. Needless to say, she got a bandaid and she said her head felt better. :) I wish it was that easy for us. I was an hour late for work though cause Aaron had a study group he was required to attend for his history class and I couldn't bring Jenna to the neighbors as she had that high fever. I didn't mind. It made for a quick night at work.

We had a productive day at home today. I got my kids bundled up and out of the house before noon to bring Aaron lunch. Then we came home and hit the sheets and took a nap. It felt sooooo good! I love naps. After our nap I was thinking this place could use a little bit of christmas magic. Well, it got some! Jenna and I made red and green paper chains ( the kind we made in elementary school) and hung them on the window valances. Then when I was gone to work, Aaron got the extra Christmas lights up around the windows, and set up my light up house. Just looking at them makes me smile. It looks like a Christmas elf came and worked their magic in here. I think I want to make paper snowflakes tomorrow. We'll see.

I had the cutest customer tonight. Actually, he wasn't even my customer. I had really bad gas tonight that just wasn't moving and causing a big pit in my stomach, so I asked a fellow cashier if she happened to have any tums. She didn't, but this kind gentleman overheard and felt bad. He was actually on his way out the door when he stopped at my registar and said here, hold these I'll be right back. He came back with a little travel pack of tums, bought them and said here you go! Hope these help. How nice was that! :)

Supper, I even got supper made! Meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and peas. It was pretty good. :) Go me. :) Oh yeah! I even got to talk to my mother today. :) I miss her and it's always fun to hear from her.

2 comments:

Pete/Heidi said...

I tagged you! Now you have to say 6 things about yourself on your blog! :)

Laura Jean said...

I think it's the kindness of strangers that makes this world a better place!