Thursday, April 9, 2009

All in All

All in all it was a pretty good day today. Aars took the day off of work, so we went to Hardees for lunch. When we were halfway through with our meal, an elderly lady came up to us and told us how good our children were, and how well behaved they are. Then she went on to say it's nice to see that, and that our kids are both beautiful. That made my day, cause sometimes I wonder if it's worth it to take them out to eat, as they aren't always as good as they were today.

Also, I discovered I have tulips beginning to sprout in front of my kids bedroom window. Must mean spring is really here. FINALLY! HOORAY! I love flowers. I had tulips and daffodils planted in front of our house in town. I hope that our renters enjoy them as much as I did.

I might have a babysitting job lined up for the fall semester. A girl a friend knows needs a babysitter for her little boy while she goes to school. He is the same age as Travis, so maybe they can be buddies. It would be nice then I wouldn't have to go back to work in the fall after this baby. That would be really nice. :)

Only five more weeks, and five more shifts til I'm done working at Target! The 30th of April is going to be my last day. It's going to feel good to have life slow down for a while after this baby is born. I feel like I have to cram in all of my running now, cause it's not going to be easy after with three kids.

On a slightly down note, my good friends Jennie and Ricky are going to be moving to Alaska in the fall for nine months. Ricky got a teaching job up there for the upcoming school year. I think they are headed to Kiana AK. Somewhere where there is no road access. Should be an adventure for the two of them. I wish them lots of luck, and will miss them like crazy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Megs...
I know you are going to miss me... Ricky is faxing his contract as I type this. We will talk all the time, and I always have your blog page. I love you.
Jennie

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

Wow, Alaska! That's a big change.
Megs, I hope your last weeks before baby #3 go well! Yay for the tulips!

Jen