Saturday, April 18, 2009

A Date

Aars and I went on a date last night! It was so enjoyable to spend the evening with just him. We went to the border grill for supper.... it was ok. It was good, but I had imagined it to be more mexicany and was kind of disappointed in my salad. Oh well. I still got to sit and eat it at my leisure. Then we went for a drive around Presque Isle, and went and got some ice cream. We even got to buzz into Kohls to hopefully find some shoes for Jenna. She's been wearing her church shoes everywhere, and could really use some tennies. I think I'll check out Goodwill and St. Vinny's down here today before I go to work.

After we ate our ice cream, we went to pick up our kids, came home and put them to bed. It was so nice! A whole evening to ourselves. It's not to often that I have Friday nights off, so we took advantage of it. But, today is my last day of work for a while. :) Then the wait for baby begins. I've been on a roll cleaning my house lately. Pretty much one room at a time. Must be the spring weather. :) We left the windows open last night when we went to bed on accident, but I'm kind of glad. It gave this place the really good airing out it needed after the long winter. I really do enjoy spring, it's always refreshing after being cooped up for all those months of cold weather.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Good for you guys to get out without the kids- always enjoyable!!

Megan said...

We don't do it often enough, but when we do it's SO worth it!