Thursday, April 16, 2009

A Mothers Instinct

I truly believe that all mothers have an instinct about their kids when something just isn't right. Jenna and Travis have had these nasty colds that just haven't been going away for a good month now. Then when Jenna came down with an aweful cough I thought to myself, I should bring them in to the dr's. But there is always that what if factor. What if I'm just over reacting, what if it isn't anything more than a common cold that just needs to run it's course. If I bring them in, I'm just going to look like an anal mom who wants a dr to cure the cold.

After I went Dr's myself on Tuesday and found out that I have started dialating, and have a chance of going early, I made up my mind about bringing them in. So I stopped at the Dr's office just down the hall from my dr's office and scheduled an appt. It must've been almost meant to be, cause they had two openings the next morning. So, the next morning I brought them in, saw the Dr and was quite surprised by the news. Jenna actually has pneumonia and a double ear infection. My Travis actually has a bacterial sinus infection. Good thing for instinct! He's on amoxicillian for for three weeks, three times a day, and Jenna is on zithromax once a day for four days. So, hopefully by the time Travis is done with his medecine and this baby comes, we will all be healthy.

2 comments:

Healing Cuisine by Elise said...

You should get your kids adjusted, Megs. Seriously, even just one adjustment to their atlas will allow the pressure to be removed from their nervous system (inflammation) which is causing their infections. One adjustment increases the body's immunity by 400% naturally! If you want to check things out for yourself, just type into YouTube things like "chiropractic and kids", "chiropractic and ear infections" or "chiropractic and sinus infections". There are some great videos about it.

Here are a few links with basic info on the subjects:

- http://www.healthychild.com/chiropractic/chiropractic-for-chronic-ear-infections/

- http://www.chiropracticresearch.org/NEWSearinfect&chiro.htm

- http://www.awomansviews.com/health/0103_sinus.htm

Give it some thought. If you ever want more info, we are here as a resource especially for friends and family! Also, check out this website about the truth about antibiotics: http://www.drlwilson.com/Articles/antibiotics.htm

Megan said...

When Travis was getting ear infection after ear infection before he was one, we brought him to Doc Hill ( our chiropractor up north) to get adjusted, and found out he needed a few adjustments! It did kind of help with his ears, but he still had ear infections after. Just not as many as before. Also, this is the first one that Jenna's ever had! But we'll keep it in mind if they continue getting these "bugs". thanks Elise!