Tuesday, August 4, 2009

After a Long Day

I worked a five and a half hour shift again at Target tonight. It was a fun busy. LOTS of brand new babies and pregnant moms came thru my line. I was pooped and sore by the time I got home at ten thirty and was pretty much planning on nursing my baby and crawling into bed.

As soon as I walked in the door Aars told me he had drawn a hot bath for me and to go soak in the tub. As soon as I walked through the bathroom door, a waft of hot steam hit me, and I noticed a lavender smell in the air. Also, there was a dozen roses and a card sitting on the ( freshly cleaned) counter next to the lavender salts. I opened the card and it was an anniversary card with a letter inside of it. The letter was a re- written engagement night letter. Aaron and I used to exchange letters in the mail and in person while we were dating. Well he wrote me a letter the night we got engaged and in the excitement and bustling of the night I lost it along our travels somewhere. It is always a little thought that I was sad about, because it meant alot to me. Well, he wrote me a new one tonight. Totally melted my heart and made me cry happy little tears.

After my half hour bath (did I mention he put rose petals in the tub too?) I came upstairs and he had a bottle of lotion he'd gotten earlier while I was at work, and gave me a ten minute foot rub. It was heavenly on my weary feet. I was feeling a little frustrated with him today while trying to do laundry and dishes while getting ready for work, so it was a very pleasant surprise to come home too. It was so simple, but yet so meaningful. I am sure I will always remember my 5th wedding anniversary treat. I love him and it that love just grows stronger over time. Thank you Aars. I LOVE YOU.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AWWWWW! Megs I miss you tons already and I haven't even left. TOMORROW the big day. I will talk to you later. XOXOXOX~ Jennie

Anna said...

What a beautiful thing to do!

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

Megs, Happy belated birthday and anniversary! Also, I am so happy for you that you have such a loving husband.
:)

Heidi Lassila said...

That's awesome! How sweet of him to do that, especially after a busy day of work!

Ev said...

Wow! What a romatic story! I love it!