Saturday, August 15, 2009

A Little Bit for Everyone

Aaron went to work on a side job this morning, and came home and pretty much told me to go garage sailing! What a guy! I didn't need to be told twice. Jenna loves garage sales as much as her mom, so she got to come with me. I gave her a dollar to spend, and at the first garage sale, she picked out a mommy and daddy barbie and a barbie bed. She was pumped, and it kept her occupied in the car while I browsed at the rest of the garage sales.

Did I ever have the luck today! You know how some days you go out sailing and just don't find anything your looking for? Today was NOT that day for me. My biggest find was a London Fog winter jacket and snow pants for Travis for this winter. And I only spent five dollars for both together! What a deal! :) I found a few things for me, a pair of khaki capri's for work, a pair of jeans, a few dress up dresses for Jenna, clothes for Trav man and Logan for this winter, a few dresses for Jenna for now, and some skirts and dresses for her, and a booster seat for at the table. Now I can ditch the high chair which I don't like, and just have a booster seat. Logan won't be needing one til later this winter, and hopefully I can find one I like better at a garage sale. I even found a shirt for Aaron for school this fall when the weather starts turning.

It bugs me when people have their stuff marked for lots, and when you look at it closely there are stains all over it. I hit up a few sales like that today. But my favorite one was our last one. The lady had a little bit for Jenna and tons for Logan, and all of her stuff was marked for twenty five or fifty cents. All of it name brand items. A few items were listed for more, but they were like brand new children's place or old navy, lands end, or gap so I was willing to pay a little bit more. :) I even found a few cute things for Teija and Karmyn. I could've spent more on those two, but got distracted by the cute boy clothes she had. Jenna even found a friend the same age as her! A little girl named Hannah. I think we might go back there just so they can play! Both girls would really benefit from having a buddy. They played in Hannah's little kiddy pool while I browsed through the clothes. I think we spent a half an hour at that sale alone! :) I got a big box of clothes for twenty dollars that would've probably cost me about a hundred at the store. Just Awesome.

Then we went to the lake again today as it was a scorcher. We tried a new spot along the lake shore. There is a spot where there is a little river run off from the big lake. It's only about two feet deep, perfect for the kids. Ours LOVED it. They were totally in their glory. Especially Travis. I'd never seen him swim like he did today! It was so fun to watch him. He'd dive on his belly, still be able to touch bottom with his hands, and he would kick his feet. He would even dip his head in the water. SO not his thing usually. I think we found our "regular hot spot." I hope it's hot again tomorrow so we can go to the same place again after church. I don't work at all, so we could go and spend the whole afternoon there. :)

No comments: