Sunday, August 30, 2009

Jenna and Her New Smile

I am realizing lately that my kids have dirty faces in a lot of my pictures I post lately. I promise sometimes that they are clean! :)
These are Jenna's "new" teeth. She is still getting used to how they feel in her mouth.

Her older cousin Isabelle was a little bit jealous that Jenna lost teeth before she did! And Isabelle is 5! I think that made Jenna feel a little bit proud. I was a little bit worried about what she would think about missing two teeth, but she has taken it lots better than I thought. We left our diaper bag at the camp when we were up there two weeks ago, and the teeth that got pulled are in a little treasure box so they didn't get put under the pillow for the tooth fairy to come for yet.
I don't think Jenna even knows who the tooth fairy is. We'll have to enlighten her. While we are up there, I should try to remember my tooth pillow that I have from when I lost my teeth. My grandma T**v* made it for me when I began loosing my teeth. It's in my box of "things" from my childhood that I deemed worth saving. I'm glad that's one of them. It was special to me then, and I am glad I will be able to pass it on to my own daughter. I am realizing more and more every day how lucky I am to have so many special memories of my grandma, and that she is still healthy and that Jenna is able to get to know her as well. Some day I'll have to do a post on her alone. :) She's wonderful.

No comments: