Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Irritated

It's official. I came home from work and now I'm irritated. Aaron was home with the kids and when I left work the house was semi clean, and I had the notion that my husband would put away the two hundred dollars worth of groceries I'd just bought an hour before I had to go to work.

I worked from four thirty to ten tonight and my feet and legs were achy when I got home. All I wanted to do was sit down, eat a small supper and go to bed. Was it to much to ask that?
Forget it. The place is a disaster, my three year old has pink eye in not one, but both eyes, and seventy five percent of the groceries still needed to be put away. Also, my baby is going to wake up when I want to go to bed because he needs to nurse. It's frustrating! I'm working twenty five to thirty hours a week, taking care of three kids in the ten hours of the day I'm home and awake, and trying to stay on top of my house to boot. I'm officially crabby at my hubby. I get home, and like I said the place is a mess, and he gets up, and goes to bed! Here I'm left to clean and go to bed to just repeat the cycle all over again tomorrow! I can't do it! It's just too much, I can't do everything. I wish I could but I can't. Actually, thinking about everything makes me want to just cry.

Sorry bout the venting, I probably sound like a broken record. Tonight was just a big disappointment when I got home. I understand that he works during the morning too, and donates plasma twice a week, and he made supper tonight, but he could have at least put the rest of the groceries away.... right?

2 comments:

Sharyn said...

mine puts away groceries pretty well, but totally sucks at giving phone messages. Even with caller id prompting.

And that plasma donating is honorable and all - but it totally gave me the giggles placed in your rant. haha!

hang in there!

Sarah said...

Ah, Megan... hang in there. If it's any consolation, I had a kind of a frustrating day yesterday too. Apparently I'm the only one who knows where the dishwasher is. Or the garbage or the dirty clothes baskets for that matter!

I know it must be extra frustrating with you working as much as you are. Hopefully today is better!!!