Thursday, September 24, 2009

He's 5 Months Old Yesterday


Just like that, I blink and my baby isn't the tiny little newborn we welcomed into the world. Rather, he is this five month old little boy, who is developing a happy personality. He has been sucking his thumb more lately, and is good at holding things for short periods of time in his hands.
Speaking of hands, he likes to grab his fingers, and play with them. He's also been reaching for his toes lately as well. He's happy sitting in his exersaucer ( when the other two aren't trying to squeeze their tushes onto the tray next to him.:) ) playing with the little toys in front of him.
Logan rolled over today for the very first time! I had him on his belly on the floor looking at a toy and when I turned around he was on his back. My first thought was that one of the kids had flipped him over, but they were both downstairs at the time. So I flipped him back to his stomach and he did it again! I marked it on the calendar. I'm such a proud mom. :)
As for gibbering, he's learning new sounds and has no problem letting you know what he wants. We started him on rice cereal a few weeks ago and he loves it. He gets mad when it's gone. :) He gives a little holler when he's frustrated. It makes me laugh.
Time sure flies by fast, I love every little new milestone that he accomplishes, but there is that tiny little piece of my heart that misses my tiny newborn. But today I am celebrating his rolling over, and being five months. He is happy and healthy. What more could a mom ask for?

No comments: