Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Just Call Me Motivated

Jillian Michaels is a slave driver! I bought one of her work out DVD's ( not the 30 day shred) last week and have done it twice. But since doing it, I have walked or done the DVD every day. I feel great about myself and am motivated to keep at it. I'm known for starting something, and not finishing it. But this time I have a few different things to keep me going. My biggest inspiration is my friend Jennie up in AK- She's been doing Jillian workouts and W.W. and has lost many pounds in a month. I figure I have to keep up with her or she'll look at me and laugh when she gets home. ;) The second motivating factor is my neighbor Heidi H. who is going to school for fitness. She started class, and exercising every day. SO, I decided I am going to do something about this baby weight once and for all. As I type, we just did our workout video tonight. There were 3 of us girls smashed into a small apt. living room here on campus that did it together. We all pushed each other to do more. It was really rough in the middle of the workout, but man it sure feels good after.

Walking home after the half hour workout was a little bit of a challenge though. Especially coming down the little hill..... jelly legs. :) My goal is to loose inches around the waist, and else where.... the video is called no more trouble zones. Loose the muffin top, and the saddle bags..... wish me luck! Now that I posted about it I have to do it. :) Any suggestions on healthy snacks that are filling anyone ?... (Jen?) Hope it works!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Meg's
My suggestion to the healthy snacks, is trying rice cakes, the plain are horrible I think, but the carmel and apple cinnamon are not bad. In WW 7 little or 1 big is only 1 point I believe, I don't have any in front of me to be exact. But otherwise try one half cup uncooked oatmeal, cooked with 1 cup water in the microwave 2 minutes, add one tablespoon brown sugar, 3 points total. Great snack, makes you feel full a long time. Also any fruit or veggies are also a great idea. That is all that comes to mind, Chips, and salsa, watch the serving sizes!!!! I love you, keep up the good work. Talk to you soon.
~Jennie
PS: make sure you are stretching before and after it seems to make a big difference to my muscles:)

Jennifer Skoog Photography said...

Way to go Megs! I need some workout motivation . . . i do yoga which helps my "mental state" but i think Jillian workout sounds awesome!! You need a balance of healthy carbs protein and (little) fat . . . bananas, whole wheat crackers or graham crackers and yogurt are great options for some good energy.

Good morning to you :)

Maria H. said...

A good snack is FiberOne Bars the chocolate chip are awesome and they are packed with fiber which makes you feel full longer! They have 9gms of fiber in one bar at only 140 calories. I love them!

Healing Cuisine by Elise said...

Great Job Megan!!

Roasted red pepper hummus with carrots and green peppers for dipping (any veggie of course), granny smith apple slices with all-natural peanut butter and brie cheese (avoid other kinds of apples as they're high in sugar), meal replacement shakes made with almond milk, coconut milk (just 1/3 cup), banana, frozen berries and frozen spinach (you can't taste the spinach when it's frozen). You could add a scoop of whey protein, too, but make sure it's organic or grass-fed beef derived!

Good luck!!!