Monday, September 28, 2009

Oh Happy Day

It was a good day in my book, dreary rainy weather and all.

Jenna woke up at seven thirty, which is actually sleeping in a bit for her. Then the boys woke up around eight thirty. I let them watch cartoons and eat pop tarts for bkfst. while I cleaned my room. It was in a desperate need of cleaning. And guess what I found during my cleaning spree? ALL of our socks! I was so wondering where those went. ( Yes, my room was really in sore need of cleaning.) I also got another bag for goodwill... or maybe a garage sale next year....? We'll see how long it hangs around in the closet before I totally get sick of it. I love having a clean room. It's just very hard for me to keep it that way. I've always been that way as long as I remember. I have good intentions... really I do.

Jenna also went to school today, I drove her to the bus stop as the weather was so cold. She had a good day. She came home with a homemade bus that she painted with a picture of her in the drivers seat. It promptly went on the fridge. I'm not sure who was more proud of it. Her or me. :) She also had a song in her backpack. It went something along the line of a gray squirrel shaking it's bushy tail, putting nuts between it's toes and wrinkling it's little nose. To which she had the cutest little move for everything. I loved it. I love that she loves school. She is such a social person and I had imagined her thriving in that kind of environment.

The boys and I took a nap while Jenna was at school. I had good intentions of setting my alarm so I'd wake up in an hour ( they usually nap for about two and a half hours) and do my work out. Well the alarm went off, but my baby cozied up next to me, and the warm covers and the wind and rain howling outside trumped the workout. So that didn't get done today. I must do it tomorrow.... it's been a few days since I did it. And I was on such a good streak too. Well I woke up from my nap before the boys did after two hours and came upstairs to find out that the mailman left a package on the landing instead of out in the rain. Logan's bumbo chair came! A friend sent it in the mail as she was done using hers. We were very excited. I could hardly wait for him to wake up to test it out.

Then last but not least, I came home from a VERY slow night at work to find Travis still awake at ten thirty. Was he fired up to see me. :) He has been hanging out with me for the past hour. It reminds me that he should get to hang out with just me every once and a while. We've been reading books, eating yogurt covered raisins, hanging out on the computer and throwing balls. He's starting to wind down though so I should take advantage of it and put him to bed. Hope the start of your week went well!

No comments: