Thursday, September 11, 2008

Bedtime Battles

Bedtime.... I like to tell myself that for my kids it's at eight o'clock, but it's always closer to nine or nine thirty by the time they're in bed and both sleeping. It's bee such a battle of the wills. Especially for Travis. I either have to rock him to sleep, or sing him a song, or give him a bottle and hold him, or all of the above, and sometimes that still doesn't work!
We've tried to let him cry himself to sleep, but that didn't work. He cried for an hour straight with no signs of stopping. We've tried cozying him on the couch til he falls asleep, but he wakes up almost as soon as he is laid down in his crib. I just don't know....... if he goes to sleep in my bed, he's great. But, I don't want him in my bed anymore.... I like my space and he's getting to big.
Jenna on the other hand, usually goes to bed pretty good. I can usually bribe her to go to sleep by telling her we'll either go and see someone the next day or go to the park in the morning. That usually works. Tonight I told her we'd call Tessa tomorrow and see if she wants to play. She takes everything but the kitchen sink to bed with her. This is what she takes to bed with her every night:
her blanket
sippy cup
a baby
a pluggy
another baby
her Dora pillow

If she has all of that, then I can usually get her to bed. Tonight was good. But as for Travis.... I am ready to throw in the towel. Anyone have any advice? I'll gladly take it. :)

No comments: