Wednesday, September 10, 2008

I used butter this time

It was a good day today! And yesterday too actually now that I think of it..... maybe it's because the weather is finally clearing up and we can actually go outside. :)
I decided to start going for a walk every day. I failed today, but the walk yesterday should totally make up for it. I pushed the kids to a park about a mile and a half away from our townhouse. If you know my street you'll know it's a HUGE hill. We went to Harlow park on Washington st. On the way there I almost chickened out a quarter of the way there, but talked myself out of quitting by telling myself that the walk would be really good for me and that the kids really wanted to go to the park. Never mind that there is one a hundred feet away from my house. The way there wasn't too bad, I actually worked up a small sweat. But the way back.... HOLY COW... I just about died. The hill was kinda like going up a mini mountain. At least thats what it felt like. I doubt it was cause I'm out of shape either...... ;) Ok... so I am out of shape, but it really was a big hill. I'm a little sore today, but proud I did it.
Today..... today was a good day just because things just went smoothly and the kids were great. I even got a nap in! We played at the park for an hour this morning, then came in and had lunch, and took a little nap. Then Aaron was home and took the kids to the park again while I ran to Walmart to buy some butter. (I learned my lesson with the runny cookies) Then I made a delicous supper out of the old Heinonen cookbook. I made Italian Vegetable Soup, which by the way was GREAT! And then made peanut butter finger bars which turned out the best I'd ever made them. I'd have to say they were finally as good as my mother in laws and hers are really good!
I was even a good girl and went to bible class tonight. Aars had homework so he stayed home so he could be done before midnight. he's been working before classes in the morning, which translates to five a.m. :)
So thats why it was a good day.... It's nice to have those once in a while. :)

No comments: