Sunday, September 14, 2008

Sorry.... wrong number!

We just got an intersting phone call.... I got a chuckle out of it. I answered the phone and a man in a singsong voice says helllooooo....... what's happening? (me): "Not a whole lot...." ( I was really confused as to who this fruity guy is. I thought it was someone playing a joke.)
(phone guy): "Somebody called?"
(me): "Today?" ( our phone hasn't rang all day and we didn't call anyone)
(p.guy): "Just a little while ago...." ( he was still using the sing song voice)
(me): Who is this?
(p.g.): "Who is me? Who is you? Who is this?"
(me): this is Megan
(p.g.): Isn't this ***-4950?
(me):no..... 4650
(p.g.) laughs and says " Hello Megan, this is Ken. I'll talk to you later. Sorry to bother you, bye." ( he dropped the singsong voice when he realized that he'd realized he had the wrong number)
Funny it took him so long to realize he'd gotten the wrong number! :) haha. Whoever you are Ken, thanks for the laugh!

1 comment:

Kaitlin said...

Haha, those are funny.
Last year for a few days in a row, this guy would call me at like noon, always leaving the same messege:
"Hey Bill, this is Rob from the something tree doctors? You had called me about the discoloration of you leaves? Just call me back.."
Some days he went more about the "discoloration" of my leaves and the solution until I finally called him back and told him he'd been calling the wrong number for four days.
I didn't even know they had "tree doctors". What a job.