Friday, November 7, 2008

I am a hunters wife

I am a hunters wife. I knew that was something I'd signed up for when I married Aaron. He's always been a hunter. It's like his next biggest love after his family. And thats fine, I am sort of getting used to it, but it's still never easy. This year though, I actually wanted him to go. He's been bumming so bad about not being able to hunt like he usually does. This is his first weekend at the hunting camp, and he was so excited to go. My dad and brothers were never really big hunters, so it was a total change I needed to get used to when we started dating. I still don't get why sitting fifty feet up in a tree, freezing your buns off, and waiting for a deer that "might" show up" could be fun. :) I even tried hunting in a blind with Aars last winter..... we didn't see anything, so it was pretty boring, and did not change my outlook on hunting. But, it makes him happy, so it makes me happy too.
One of my biggest things I hate to do is drive in the rain, and when it's dark and late. Last night, I did both. I had to work, but then had to drive Aars to meet Marcus in L'an** so they could head out to the hunting camp where Ryan, BJ, and Brian were already there. I did it so he could have a great weekend, and hopefully release some of the stress that we both have been feeling lately. I'm hoping he comes home a happy and content man. We'll see. In the meantime, we are going to have to have fun without him this weekend. Maybe I'll take the kids to play at Burger King and order off their dollar menu. We do have pop cans to cash in..... :) They also have a little bit of money from Grandma they got in a Halloween card that I promised they could spend this weekend. I think maybe we'll do that today, as I work tomorrow. Jenna is excited cause she gets to spend the day at Aunty Jennie's and Ricky Ricky's. :) Thanks Jen!

No comments: