Monday, November 3, 2008

We're here at the hospital, sitting in the waiting room. And it's hard. I'm trying to be brave and not cry, but it's not easy. I dressed Travis in his little lion hospital gown, and changed his diaper so he'd be clean for surgery. I had hardley finished, when the came to wisk him away and prep him for surgery. Surgery..... I've never had to think about it before. It seems like such a big scary thing for my little thirteen month old boy. All weekend I was just not thinking about it, and was telling myself, Megan, be brave. It's a routine procedure, you know he'll be fine by the end of the day if not the next day, and you won't even be able to tell anything ever happend. But no matter how much I tell myself that, I still find myself all choked up.
There is a little girl cruising around the waiting room, who is the same age as Travis. It makes me miss my little man. We have a two hour wait before we hear back from Dr. Edwards on how the surgery went. I can tell you now, it's going to be a long wait. But at least I have my wonderful husband next to me to give me a hug or hold my hand whenever I get too overwhelmed. He emailed his proffessors last night to let them know he wouldn't be in class today. I'm glad.
So, now the wait begins. I'll keep you updated.

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Hey Megan... Just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking about you guys today. Hope you're holding up all right and that all is going- or went- well with your little guy's surgery. Take care.
-Sarah

Juliana said...

Megan and Aaron,
Wishing Travis a quick and speedy recovery. I remember the feeling of them taking Ali into the surgery room to knock her out and give her those injections in her joints, last December. How exhausted I felt by the end of the day...I think the little ones handle it better than us! It helps to think about how much they're helping the little one. Love, Juli

Leanne said...

Thinking about you guys today! Update when you can...