Tuesday, November 4, 2008

The Update

The surgery actually went really well. They went in and found it was a hydrocele, and were able to remove it with no complications. We were actually in and out of the hospital and back home in a time frame of four hours. They exceeded my expectations.
Travis is doing pretty well. He's a little bit sore, swollen, and starting to show some bruising, but that was told to us to be normal. As long as we stay on top of his tylenol, he is almost like normal. :) Poor kid though, they had to poke him for an IV MANY times. I think on the back of one of his hands he has like eight needle pokes. I'm glad they made him go to sleep first, and that I wasn't there for that part. The hospital wouldn't let me be there in recovery for him when he woke up. That made me a little bit mad, but actually, when he woke up, he woke up mad and wanting his mom. Nothing the nurses did could make him happy, so they brought him back up to the floor almost right away so I got to hold him. He was pretty sad, and was still very tired and groggy all day. But overall, I look back and say that it wasn't so bad. I guess there are all those what if's that run through your mind, and it's scary because you don't know what to expect. I'll be glad when things are back to normal around here and nobody needs any major medical treatment.
Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It was nice to know people were thinking of us on the day when we needed friends and family. It really meant alot. So thanks again.

No comments: