Friday, February 27, 2009

Free at last!

Hooray for Taxes! We are temporarily rich. :) Aaron and I just sat down and paid off some big bills that have been hanging over our heads for a while now. It feels SO good! It makes me just smile from ear to ear if feels so good. Our van was one of those bills, so now we can officially say we own our van. Us. Not the bank. :) Now watch it conk out on us. Murphy's Law, but hopefully not. So, I'm sure we won't be rich for long, but we will hopefully be considerably closer to getting rid of our big pile of debt. That is a goal of mine for the next two years. When I reach that goal, I think I will climb on the roof top and shout it to the world. But for now, I'll be just as happy to pay off those pesky bills that have been accumulating for the past six months. I have always hated money. I think we all have a love/hate relationship with it. We love it when we have it and can use it to our pleasure, but it can also rule your world in a bad way. I think we are in between. But enough about that. Today is a good day, and it's going go stay that way.

I have a date tonight with Aaron. We are planning on going out to eat at the new Border Grill in town, and then go to the hockey game tonight. School was canceled again today "due to inclement weather." In other words, we have another blizzard and visibility is awful. I would think that the hockey game would still be on, but should probably double check. We have free tickets to go, so I guess it's not a big deal if it's rescheduled, cause we are still going out tonight no matter what. And I can't wait. I love dates with my hubby. I recall mentioning that before, so I won't bore you by saying it again.

We got two books from the Dollar Spot in Target yesterday for the kids, and they LOVE them. We've probably read those books ten times.... each... for each kid. :) The two of them love books. They tend to have their favorites, and we get sick of reading the same ones over and over and over. But it's so hard to not look at them with thier eager little faces smiling up at you waiting for you to read them their favorite story. So, we read it again, and again and again.

No comments: