Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's a Date!

Aaron and I went on a date last night with a few friends of ours. We went out to dinner at a delicious Italian place just down the road from our Apt, and then went to visit after. It was so enjoyable! Granted we spent alot between dinner and a babysitter, but it was SO worth it. We decided that we need to get out just the two of us more often. Not that I don't love my kids, but it was so nice to have Aaron to myself and not have to worry about if the kids are crabby or tired. So, we might try to do that once or twice a month. It was definetly a treat! I highly reccomend it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dates are so important! Growing up, it was a regular thing for my parents to make time for a weekly date. We don't. Everytime we do we say it is so worth the money and we need to do it more. Then a loonng time goes by and we remember how good it is to be away. Even for an hour or two. I keep thinking that when we have kids big enough to babysit we'll do it more. sigh. That's a long time away. Glad you enjoyed yourselves!

Anonymous said...

Hi Megan! Not only are dates a fun thing to do, they are so important. The one on one time is crucial for any marriage. I want to still be madly in love with my husand when the kids leave home and in order for that to happen it need continuous work. Mark and I treasure our "date nights". I think that would be horrible to have the last kid leave the house and look at my hubby wondering what the heck we're gonna do with each other. Dates keep us connected. With the kids crazy schedules we need this time together. If we are happy, the kids will be too. I couldn't feel more strongly about how imporatnt this time is. So, way to go! Keep this up. A walk on the beach is a good option too. It's cheap and fun.
Shari

Lorz said...

Well, we don't have kids, but I still think dates are important! I love time that is dedicated to us and our relationship. It's fun to search around for new things to do- a lot of time you can find cheap or FREE events to attend. Check out local papers for new things and good DEALS. :)

Megan said...

thanks guys! :) We were talking about how to make a date cheaper. Aaron can get us free tickets to the hockey games here on campus, so we might try to get to one of those again this month.