Saturday, February 21, 2009

Why Why Why?

Only one more week til we go on our much needed vacation. I'm SO looking forward to going. Just to get out of town for a weekend, and see some fresh faces. Not that we don't enjoy the old faces around here, but a change of scenery will be nice. This time next weekend we'll be visiting friends, maybe have gotten some shopping in, and will be enjoying not having to wonder where we're going to scrounge up the money to buy some new tennis shoes. ahhh..... sounds heavenly. I cannot wait.

My two darlings were up at 6:50 a.m. today. Why, Why Why??? Neither of them are ready to get up at that time, yet I have an extremely difficult time getting them to go back to bed! Travis was up at seven, and whined and cried and crabbed until we put him for a nap at eight thirty. Naps at eight thirty! That just sounds wrong. That made for a long day today. I got a nap in, thanks to my awesome hubby, but he didn't. So that made for a long day and a crabby husband. Jenna took a nap with me, but was still a little bit whiny today. I just don't get why they are getting up so early! I've tried keeping them up later, but that doesn't work, they still get up just as early. It's not like the sun shines in their room, as they are up before sunrise, and they have shades that close to make the room dark. I don't know.... it's like a bad cycle that just never ends. Any suggestions on how to keep them asleep longer? I've even thought about just putting them back in their room and locking the door if they are up before eight..... I remember when I thought nine was early.... then nine was late and eight was early. Now I'd take eight in a heartbeat and be pumped. Ten to Seven is just WAY to early for them to be up. Heck, it's WAY to early for me to be up!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would LOVE to have my kids sleep in to 6:50!

They both get up around 5:30!! Yes, we do have to get up and around for work on the weekdays but we don't need to leave the house until 7-7:30.

Nothing I do changes that time either. No suggestions here, unfortunately! Enjoy the 6:50 and be glad it's not 5:30! :o)

Leanne said...

Honestly, I think sleep begets sleep. Can you put them to bed a little earlier? My boys go at 7:00 and sleep until about 7:00. I know it's early for you, but maybe that would mean an earlier betime for you too? I've always had this schedule, though, from their births. I hope it doesn't end very soon. Well-rested kids are much happier!

Megan said...

I have honestly tried to get to bed early, but I am just too much of a night owl. I find if I get to bed too early, I find myself waking up in the middle of the night. But it could be worth a try to put them to bed earlier....

Leanne said...

I don't go to bed super early myself. I just get a few quiet hours to myself in the evening :). At least I get a little (much-needed!) break from them. Good luck; I hope you find something that works!